An Eye for an Eye by Irene Hannon
Revell, September 1, 2009
After he accidentally shoots a teenager at a tense standoff, FBI Hostage Rescue Team member Mark Sanders is sent to St. Louis to work as a field agent and get his bearings while the bad press starts to settle. Just weeks away from returning to Quantico to resume his work on the HRT, Mark has a chance encounter with an old flame, Emily Lawson. But their reunion is cut short by a sniper. Now Mark must find the shooter before he tries to strike again. But what is his motive–and who was his intended target? Can Mark put the pieces together, keep Emily safe, and rekindle a long-dead relationship at the same time?
A fast-paced tale of romance, suspense, and intrigue, An Eye for an Eye is the exciting second installment in the Heroes of Quantico series.
My Quick Thoughts:
- Love old flame romances – my favourite kind, especially when the chemistry is good and the back story is credible – which it is here.
- Mark is my favourite of the Quantico boys – humorous, engaging and believable.
- I liked Emily and found her to be an appealing character
- Was happy to see these guys reconnect and forge a future together.
- Would have liked to see more action though.